Click column header to sort
Summer Analyst Job Description
Investment Banking Analysts at TPH are actively involved in all aspects of client projects including sell-side and buy-side M&A, equity offerings, debt offerings, private placements and other types of transactions. As an Analyst, you will support live deals and pitches by completing financial analysis and models and conducting company/industry research. As Investment Banking assignments involve significant interaction with senior client personnel, TPH values maturity and strong presentation skills in evaluating Analyst candidates. Time management skills are also important as Analysts are routinely staffed on multiple assignments. Finally, maintaining a collegial, dynamic, team-oriented culture is of the utmost importance at TPH. Therefore, Summer Analysts will be judged on their ability to demonstrate these values during their internship. A significant portion of our full time Analyst and Associate classes come from our summer internships.
Summer Analyst Job Description
Current college students with an expected graduation date in December 2021/Spring 2022. TPH offers an entrepreneurial, diverse culture where Summer Analysts interact with senior bankers / clients and are asked to make meaningful contributions to deals. While a background in finance/accounting or energy industry is not required, you should be comfortable with numerical computation/analysis and have an attestable interest in working in energy financial services.
The TPH Difference
Deal teams at TPH are small, enabling Analysts to have a meaningful role in their projects and gain direct exposure to clients and senior bankers across the firm. A typical deal team is comprised of a Managing Director, Executive Director, Director, Associate, Analyst and associated support staff. This model enables our Summer Analysts to gain broad experience during the course of the 10 week internship program. Summer Analysts are encouraged to recognize and evaluate the nuances of each transaction, leading to a well-rounded, highly quantitative skill set. Summer Analysts are expected to take on a high level of responsibility and can expect early interaction with clients and their senior management teams.
Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Investment Banking Boot Camp
The Investment Banking Boot Camp program will serve as an introduction to TPH and an overview of both the energy sector and financial services industry.
Specific topics include:
- Overview of an investment bank, its different divisions, and its role in commerce
- Junior roles and responsibilities, across divisions
- Introduction to the energy sector
- Corporate Analysis 101, including: basics of corporate finance, financial analysis, valuation methodology, and energy-specific analysis tools
- Exposure to qualitative and quantitative evaluation used in the M&A advisory practice
- Opportunity to learn and use "tools of the trade" in Bootcamp Case Competition
The application process is competitive due to limited spots and will include a phone interview.
Dates: August 10, 2020 - August 14, 2020 (no alternative dates)
Location: Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. Office - Houston, Texas
Application Deadline: April 10, 2020 at 11:59pm CT
Qualifications: Graduate between December 2021 – June 2022
The Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. (TPH) Jr. Human Resources Business Partner and Campus Recruiter will join a team of 20 HR professionals globally to provide junior generalist and campus recruiting support for the Firm’s Energy Investment Banking business. He/she will work with the TPH Human Resources Director and Perella Weinberg Partners campus recruiting team to spearhead the on-campus recruiting (OCR) program for Houston and Calgary and act as a primary point of contact between the business, target schools, and candidates. He/she will also assist with the planning of the TPH intern and full-time training programs in partnership with the Perella Weinberg Partners campus recruiting team. The candidate should excel working in a demanding environment and thrive on a role offering a wide degree of variety. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker, eager to learn and willing to work hard. The fast-paced nature of the business requires candidates who possess multi-tasking abilities, strong follow-up skills and the ability to operate under time pressure. Flexibility, strong communication and interpersonal skills, team player attitude and attention to detail are required. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the intern mid-summer and end of summer performance review and offer process.
- Manage Full-Time Analyst performance review process.
- Assist Human Resources Director during the year-end performance review and promotion process.
- Work closely with the HR Director on Employee Relations (ER) matters.
- Support the HR Director with experienced hire recruiting.
- Create offer letters.
- Coordinate new hire start dates and intern departure logistics.
- Develop and maintain OCR and training budgets.
- Enter new hires into the Workday system.
- Process team invoices and assist in budget tracking.
- Work with HR Director and PWP Campus Recruiting team in managing the execution of OCR program at 5+ undergraduate and graduate universities to source TPH Investment Banking’s intern and full-time hires.
- Facilitate recruiting process for applicants from non-target schools.
- Partner with recruiting team captains and career centers to develop and drive recruiting strategies and execute recruiting events.
- Coordinate campus recruiting events on-campus and in Houston and Calgary offices, including logistics management, A/V setup, presentations, catering, and advertising.
- Manage logistics for OCR interview process, including booking interview dates, posting job descriptions, coordinating final round interviews and handling all aspects of candidate application/interview process.
- Utilize the Firm’s Applicant Tracking System to post jobs, review resumes, track candidate status and provide reporting.
- Maintain a calendar of campus events and work with business to ensure proper staffing.
- Make recommendations to enhance recruiting processes and campus presence.
- Maintain focus on the competitor recruiting landscape to help generate new ideas.
- Process invoices and expense reimbursements related to OCR.
- Work with internal teams and external vendors to ensure successful execution of training for campus hires and Investment Banking, Securities and Corporate employees.
- Assist with planning and managing the 10-week US summer intern program and full-time training program, including coordination of the training schedule and events with the Global Campus Recruiting team.
- Partner with the business to ensure training content meets business needs.
- Act as point of contact for interns leading up to and throughout the summer program.
Special projects as needed/directed.
Desired Skills and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 – 6 years of recruiting experience, financial services industry and campus experience preferred.
- Organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Excellent judgment and trustworthiness with highly confidential information.
- Team-oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, HRIS).
- Experience with Applicant Tracking System, iCIMS preferred but not required.