Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. is an integrated investment and merchant bank providing high quality advice and services to the energy industry. The company offers sales and trading, and research coverage on approximately 140 issuers worldwide. The firm’s investment management complex has more than $1.9 billion AUM dedicated to the energy space. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, TPH also has offices in Calgary, Denver, London and New York.
This dynamic 170+ person firm is seeking an Associate Geoscientist to join its Integrated Subsurface Team in Houston, TX and perform regional basin studies, sell- and buy-side advisories, and other investment banking A&D work.
- Team: Work closely with engineers and financial professionals to develop comprehensive subsurface models, primarily for North American unconventional oil and gas plays
- Mapping: Geologic mapping from public and private data sources
- Petrophysics: Log analysis and mapping from core analysis to volumetrics
- Presentations: Creating content for and delivering data room presentations to buyers, pitches to prospective clients, and other presentations
- Data handling: QC and filter data for virtual datarooms, assist geotechs with maintaining several dynamic geoscientific databases
- 4-10 years’ experience as a petroleum geoscientist with an E&P, investment bank, or related entity
- Master’s Degree in Geology or Geophysics
- Advanced proficiency in GeoGraphix and/or Petra
- Abundant experience with North American unconventional play geoscience, preferably in multiple basins
- Experience with operations geology, petrophysics, sequence stratigraphy, structural geology, seismic interpretation, and horizontal geosteering
- Intangibles: Results-focused, strong work ethic, team-oriented, self-starter, excellent communication and public speaking skills